Attorney Interview Questions
An Attorney (also known as a lawyer) provides representation and legal advice to clients in criminal and civil cases. Attorneys can work as a general practitioner, taking on a variety of clients, or they can specialize in certain fields, such as real estate, criminal, or environmental law.
Attorneys are often assisted by paralegals, but this doesn’t mean their job is easy. Attorneys face long hours, with the average attorney working an average of 66 hours a week, and their work can be mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting. However, they are compensated well, with a median income of $112,000 per year.
Attorney responsibilities may include:
- Provide legal advice to clients.
- Represent clients within the judicial court system.
- Develop case strategies for clients.
- Prepare documentation for court filing.
- Negotiate on behalf of their client.
A good Attorney can mean the difference between someone going to jail or walking free. In order to provide the best service possible for their clients, a skilled Attorney will:
- Remain observant in order to consider all aspects of a case.
- Possess an eye for detail.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, staff members, and other parties of the court.
- Maintain a steady work ethic in order to manage their clients.
- Adhere to a strict moral standard to make sure that they act according to the law.
Candidates must go through several steps to become an Attorney. After completing a Bachelor’s Degree, candidates must take the LSAT (Law School Administration Test) in order to qualify for law school, which will take another three years.
After completing law school, candidates must pass the bar exam in their state to work as a licensed professional. The bar exam is typically a two-day exam composed of questions in multiple areas of law as well as comprehensive essays and performance tests.
For candidates interested in practicing a specific field of law, many schools offer certificate programs or joint degrees.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
ATTORNEY SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Why did you choose law?
What legal areas are you most interested in?
Can you handle multiple hearings in a day?
How do you handle stressful situations?
What kind of challenges are you looking for?