Insurance Claims Handler Interview Questions
Insurance Claims Handlers ensure that claims are processed efficiently and that reimbursements are made for valid claims. They make the decision on whether a claim is valid or not by investigating for any fraudulent activity.
Another large part of an Insurance Claims Handler’s job is to coordinate services. This includes ensuring that the policyholder has filed their claim coordinating services such as hiring tradespeople to make a home safe or to reimburse stolen items.
Insurance Claims Handler responsibilities may include:
- Investigate insurance claims.
- Complete and file correct claims documentation.
- Contact tradespeople to carry out a claim.
- Liaise with law enforcement, lawyers, and professional investigators.
- Communicate with customers about their claims.
Insurance Claims Handlers are responsible for making sure that a customer’s claim is valid and fulfilled. In order to coordinate with the necessary parties, a skilled Insurance Claims Handler will:
- Communicate clearly with customers and other involved parties.
- Search proactively for proof that a claim is valid.
- Possess an eye for detail to ensure that all forms are correctly filled out.
- Possess an expert knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Juggle several cases at a time.
Employers typically require candidates to have an Associate’s Degree. The concentration of the degree is not necessarily important, although the more relevant it is to the industry you’re working in, the better. Additionally, candidates can seek out a Bachelor’s Degree to make themselves more appealing to employers.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
INSURANCE CLAIMS HANDLER SAMPLE QUESTIONS
Tell me about a claim in which you were unable to satisfy a customer’s needs. What was the situation and the outcome?
Would you disregard a company policy to satisfy a customer?
How would you tell a customer that their claim had been denied?
You will be handling multiple cases at the same time. What systems do you use to stay organized?
Name a time you had to advise all parties of a shared liability and explain the final decision.