Web Designer Interview Questions
Web Designers develop and create websites. Web Designers design the overall look, layout and features of a website and also provide code writing services needed to design the website. This results in a unique blend of graphic design and computer programming.
After a website has been created, Web Designers assist with website maintenance and provide support for any new additions to the website. This can include writing and editing content, designing separate webpage layouts, solving code problems, and providing technical support.
Web Designer responsibilities may include:
- Integrate website and software applications.
- Perform website updates as needed.
- Design website and webpage layouts.
- Provide or outsource web content.
- Perform cross-functional implementation and tests.
An unattractive website is the easiest way to lose a customer. In order to provide an aesthetically pleasing experience to retain traffic, skilled Web Designers will:
- Possess an eye for detail to identify errors in code.
- Possess an understanding of common general purpose programming languages.
- Incorporate stylistic designs to make the website visually attractive.
- Communicate with clients to deliver the website style they want.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and relevant web design tools.
Many entry-level positions require that applicants possess a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, graphic design, or a related field. However, it is not uncommon to find self-taught designers with little to no formal education. There are many courses and certifications outside of formal education that candidates can utilize to make themselves more attractive to employers.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
WEB DESIGNER SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
How do you resize your images to optimize performance?
How would you troubleshoot slow loading web pages?
How do you incorporate modern design trends into your work?
How do you stay up to date on industry trends?