Ruby Developer Interview Questions
Ruby Developers utilize Ruby to develop back-end components of a web application utilizing the Model-View-Controller framework. This can include anything from designing plug-ins to building command line utilities on a computer. Ruby Developers are also responsible for supporting front end developers by integrating third party web services into applications.
Ruby on Rails is quickly gaining popularity, creating a demand for Ruby Developers. Although Ruby contains properties found in many general purpose programming languages, a solid understanding of Ruby syntax and common libraries within Ruby such as RSpec and Resque is required to effectively utilize the code.
Ruby Developer responsibilities may include:
- Build data processing scripts.
- Maintain code integrity.
- Automate processes within the application.
- Design command line utilities.
- Design scalable applications.
Ruby is quickly becoming a popular programming language due to its easy-to-learn framework. In order to utilize Ruby to create the best products possible, a skilled Ruby Developer will:
- Possess an eye for detail in order to spot errors in code.
- Possess a general knowledge of common programming fundamentals.
- Be committed to delivering the highest quality product possible.
- Think spatially in order to design effective applications
- Familiarize themselves with the Ruby framework.
Entry-level positions typically prefer that candidates have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field. Employers will tend to look for candidates with experience in full stack web development as well as other common programming languages such as Java and CSS.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
RUBY DEVELOPER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
How would you freeze an object in Ruby?
Name the 3 levels of access control within Ruby.
What are blocks and procs?
How would you make a large data set displayed on one page more efficient?
Can you give me an example of a time you fixed a performance issue?