Network Engineer Interview Questions
Network Engineers use information technology to set up and develop networking systems for network users. The type of networks used by a Network Engineer may include local area networks, intranets, and extranets.
The main goal of a Network Engineer is to develop high quality network infrastructure that is easily accessible to network users. As such, Network Engineers typically also provide tech support and troubleshooting services to organizations within the network.
Network Engineer responsibilities may include:
- Design system configuration.
- Schedule upgrades.
- Administer firewall environments.
- Audit IP addresses and hosted devices.
- Provide technical support to users.
A poorly designed network can become a headache for its users. In order to design an effective network, a skilled Network Engineer will:
- Possess an eye for detail to observe flaws within the network.
- Stay on top of emerging trends within the industry.
- Communicate clearly with users to provide effective technical support.
- Prioritize issues in order to solve them as quickly as possible.
- Take into account network requirements in order to design appropriate infrastructure.
In order to gain an entry-level position, candidates will need to possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related mathematics field. However, most employers will want a candidate with a Master’s Degree in a related field. Additionally, most jobs will want candidates to have at least 3 years of experience with IT systems or network administration.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
NETWORK ENGINEER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
How would you add a few hundred connections to a network that already has thousands of connections?
Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker? How was it resolved?
What type of protocol is OSPF?
How do you know if a port is open or not?
Have you ever failed at a major project?