IT Business Analyst Interview Questions
Business Analysts help businesses implement technological solutions in a cost-effective way. They typically test systems and processes in order to devise competitive commercial solutions.
Business Analyst positions are a unique blend of technology and business. They will need to understand business operating procedures as well as possess knowledge of Information Technology in order to save businesses the most money possible.
Business Analyst responsibilities may include:
- Serve as a liaison between business and IT staff.
- Identify and prioritize technical and functional requirements.
- Gather and present user requirements.
- Identify integration and compliance points.
- Utilize analytic programs to identify trends.
Businesses are becoming increasingly reliant on technology. In order to best bridge the gap between business and technology, a skilled Business Analyst will:
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey information between departments.
- Understand the inner workings of the business.
- Understand information technology concepts and the latest trends.
- Utilize creative thinking to continuously provide money saving solutions.
- Possess salesman attributes in order to guide management toward better solutions.
- Possess leadership abilities.
In order to gain an entry level position, candidates are typically expected to possess a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, or computer science. Candidates with Master’s Degrees in a relevant field can expect to be given priority. Additionally, candidates can obtain BCS certifications to make themselves more appealing to employers.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
SAMPLE BUSINESS ANALYST QUESTIONS
What is the difference between a system and functional requirement?
What tools or methods do you use when writing requirements?
How would you perform an application upgrade?
Would you be comfortable giving weekly presentations to senior management?
How would you deal with a stakeholder that insists a complex process would fix an existing problem?
How would you manage multiple deliverables?