Recruiter Interview Questions
A recruiter is a specialized position within human resources. While a Human Resource Officer is in charge of administration and policy for the whole company, a Recruiter is responsible for policy within the realm of recruitment.
A Recruiter is responsible for attracting talent that complements the organization’s current job vacancies. They must be experts about the company they work with in order to hire employees who fit in with the company’s culture and communicate the company’s goals to new recruits. In addition, they must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the hiring process, from conducting background checks to complying with labor laws.
Recruiter responsibilities may include:
- Developing job advertisements.
- Conducting interviews.
- Conducting background checks.
- Communicating with management about new hires to gauge efficiency of recruitment plan.
- Constantly networking so that when a position is vacant, it can be filled as soon as possible.
- Staying aware of changes within the company.
- Conducting exit interviews for employees that are terminated.
- Developing company assessment guidelines.
- Developing hiring procedures.
Recruiters are expected to hire staff who bring value to the company. In order to hire recruits who will help the company grow, a good Recruiter will need to be able to:
- Network effectively even when not on the job in order to fill vacant positions as they come up.
- Be able to communicate with other departments about their hiring needs.
- Develop a recruitment plan.
- Have strong interpersonal skills in order to decide what candidates will be best for the company.
- Have experience with conducting in person, digital, and phone interviews.
- Be able to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Communicate with new recruits the goal of the company.
To gain an entry level position, candidates typically need at least an Associate’s Degree in human resources or a related field. Candidates with experience in human resources can substitute their experience for formal education in some circumstances. However, having advanced education in the form of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree will make them more attractive to employers.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
RECRUITER SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Since Recruiters are such a vital part of the company, they can expect to be subject to a comprehensive interview process. You should go into the interview with a list of the best employees you’ve recruited and expect the following questions:
What industries have you recruited for? Which was the easiest? Which was the most difficult?
Was there ever a time you weren’t able to fill a job vacancy? What did you do?
Describe the recruitment process. What strategies would you implement to ensure the process goes smoothly?
During the recruitment process, how do you stay organized? How do you keep track of your candidates?
What type of recruitment software are you familiar with?
How do you use data to analyze your recruiting process?