Pharmacist Interview Questions
A Pharmacist interprets physician’s orders, dispenses prescription medications, and develops staff understanding of pharmacological knowledge. In addition, they advise patients on drug dosage, chemical reactions caused by their prescription, and counsel patients on drug therapies.
Pharmacist positions are a unique blend of education, administration, and healthcare. They are in the important position of dispensing medication and should demonstrate expert knowledge within their field as well as a keen eye for inconsistencies within prescriptions.
Pharmacist responsibilities may include:
- Compounding, labelling, and packaging pharmaceuticals.
- Organizing and directing technician work flow.
- Comply with state and federal drug laws.
- Provide staff training in regards to pharmacological knowledge.
- Provide patients instruction on the correct administration of prescriptions.
The smallest mistake in a pharmaceutical dose or prescription could lead to serious illness or worse. In order to safely administer medication, a skilled Pharmacist will:
- Have a keen eye for inconsistencies within prescriptions.
- Communicate clearly with staff.
- Possess superior organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Demonstrate leadership ability in order to best direct technicians.
- Stay up to date on industry standards and practices.
SAMPLE PHARMACIST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
A pharmacist’s work life could get monotonous. What would you do to stay motivated?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
What would you do if a General Practitioner will not change a prescription that you believe is inappropriate for a patient?
A patient is picking up two different prescription drugs that may cause negative reactions when taken at the same time. What do you do?
Can you tell me about a time things did not go according to plan? How did you react?