Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions
Mechanical Engineers research, design, build, develop, and test different kinds of mechanical devices. These devices can range from machinery designed to control temperature to devices we use every day, such as motors.
Because Mechanical Engineering is so broad, it tends to be split into different fields, with Mechanical Engineers specializing in a specific area. However, Mechanical Engineers across the board need to be proficient with practical and theoretical engineering, mathematics, and science based skills.
Mechanical Engineer responsibilities may include:
- Analyze and evaluate products.
- Perform relevant research within the industry.
- Provide reports and documentation periodically to clients and supervisors.
- Develop equipment safety models.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Identify weak points within a device.
Mechanical Engineers are pioneers in the development of mechanical devices. In order to maintain high quality products, a skilled Mechanical Engineer will:
- Implement creative thinking to optimize performance.
- Stay up to date on trends within the industry.
- Adhere to strict safety procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer aided design software.
Entry level positions within the field typically require a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. However, a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is common within the field, as is obtaining an advanced chartering status with the Engineering Council.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
MECHANICAL ENGINEER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
What is the difference between metal and non-metal materials?
What is the relation between strain and stress?
Imagine you are in a boat inside of a pool of water. If you throw a large rock that is in your pocket into the pool, does the water level in the pool rise, drop or stay the same?
How would you handle another engineer disagreeing with your design in front of peers?
What is your experience with computer aided design software?