Industrial Engineer Interview Questions
An Industrial Engineer manages industrial production processes in order to eliminate waste and increase efficiency on the production line. This can include eliminating waste of time, money, materials, and manpower, among other things.
Industrial Engineers study, develop, and manipulate systems in order to develop the most efficient processes possible. Industrial Engineers must have general business knowledge as well as knowledge within mathematics, social sciences, and engineering to gain, analyze, predict, and evaluate data.
Industrial Engineer responsibilities may include:
- Determine how to manufacture parts, products or services efficiently.
- Review production schedules, processing flows, and engineering specifications.
- Communicate with clients about product specifications.
- Communicate with management personnel about manufacturing processes.
- Design systems to reduce waste within the business.
- Develop management control systems.
An Industrial Engineer is critical to improving a business’s bottom line. In order to maximize efficiency and minimize waste, a skilled Industrial Engineer will:
- Utilize creative problem solving skills to consistently design new systems to eliminate waste.
- Communicate clearly with vendors, personnel, and management.
- Have a keen eye for detail in order to identify problem areas within a business.
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge in engineering.
- Analyze data accurately to predict and evaluate trends.
To qualify for an entry level position, candidates must have at least a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering or a similar field. For those who wish to specialize within a certain field, a Master’s degree will provide the education needed. In order to gain a job in the academic world, a Doctorate in Industrial Engineering is typically required.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Can you tell me how to avoid flow marks in an injection molded product?
How do you deal with conflicts within the workplace?
What computer software programs have you worked with and for how long?
What is your biggest challenge when building a production from design to processing?
What types of inventory would you find in a manufacturing facility?