Electrical Engineer Interview Questions
An Electrical Engineer is responsible for creating, designing, testing and overseeing the electrical components of a project. Projects within this field can vary from manufacturing products to the designing of power grids. Due to the versatile nature of the field, responsibilities can vary greatly from position to position.
Electrical Engineers are experts within their field and so perform to the highest of standards. They are subject to strict safety codes and must also design products with energy efficiency in mind. A combination of practical application within engineering as well as creative problem solving skills are a must within the industry.
Electrical Engineer responsibilities may include:
- Fix and troubleshoot electronic devices.
- Conduct functionality tests.
- Analyze current trends and information.
- Develop manufacturing processes for building and assembling electrical components.
- Write computer programs and perform data entry.
When something goes wrong within an electrical system, it is often immediately noticeable. In order to prevent and troubleshoot such failures, a skilled Electrical Engineer will:
- Analyze data to spot trends.
- Communicate clearly with supervisors and clients.
- Keep up to date on emerging trends within the industry.
- Adhere to strict safety codes.
- Work in tandem with supervisors and management.
In order to qualify for an entry level position, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Candidates may wish to participate in laboratory work and field studies to pad their resume. In addition, all Electrical Engineers must be licensed through the Fundamentals of Engineering exam in order to work in the utility field. Afterwards, they must also obtain a Professional Engineering license, which will consist of two exams as well as on the job training.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
What does a logic analyzer do?
What are the three main steps in power distribution?
What are the three main CMOS amplifiers?
Name three factors that affect the amount of current flowing through a copper wire.
How does a bandgap circuit work?
What is the difference between AC and DC?