Teaching Assistant Interview Questions
Teaching Assistants are responsible for aiding teachers in the classroom. This can include grading tests and homework, proctoring exams, and recording grades on the computer or in the grade book. Teaching Assistants may also assign materials and assignments in class as needed to help the teacher.
Other job duties they may encounter include tutoring and mentoring students, setting up/cleaning labs and obtaining materials for classes. After the teacher introduces new materials to the class, the Teaching Assistant may help reinforce the lessons with small groups of students or on a one-on-one basis.
Teaching Assistant responsibilities may include:
- Provide additional tutoring for students.
- Setting up materials for the teacher.
- Grading homework, tests, and reports.
- Uploading grades online or in a grade book.
- Lecturing in the teacher’s stead.
Teaching can be an overwhelming job. In order to help reduce a teacher’s workload, a skilled Teaching Assistant will:
- Stay organized to keep on top of their work.
- Communicate appropriately with students.
- Utilize creativity to keep students engaged.
- Communicate effectively with their supervisor and other administration.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
To secure a position as a Teaching Assistant, candidates will need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or graduate from an educational certificate program. In addition, it is recommended that candidates apply for internships to receive on-the-job training. Candidates will need to pass a background check.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
TEACHING ASSISTANT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
In your opinion, what is the hardest part about teaching? How can you offer assistance to help with this aspect of teaching in the classroom?
What techniques do you use to motivate your students?
How have you handled a difficult student in the past?
What is one piece of tough feedback about your teaching that you've been given? How did you respond and implement that feedback?
Have you ever given a class lecture in the teacher’s stead?
Can you prepare a sample lesson layout for me?
How would you get students to enjoy learning?
How would you welcome a new child to the classroom?