Financial Advisor Interview Questions
A Financial Advisor helps clients plan their short-term and long-term financial goals. These goals can vary from saving up for retirement to planning to expand business into a foreign country. Financial advisors can advise a variety of clients, from individuals to large commercial enterprises.
A Financial Advisor will meet with their clients to understand their needs, develop plans to meet those needs, and advise their clients on the best ways to implement those plans. In addition, they will update their clients periodically on the performance of their investments, as well as provide tax and insurance advice.
Financial Advisor responsibilities may include:
- Secure new clients for their organization.
- Provide financial advice that is industry approved.
- Recommend investment packages based on the needs of the client.
- Help clients develop financial plans depending on their short term and long term goals.
- Prepare financial documents, investment reports, and income projections and communicate these clearly to the client.
The role of a Financial Advisor is to act as a consultant, so they must be experts in their field. In order to effectively analyze client needs, stay on top of industry trends, and make the best recommendations possible, a skilled Financial Advisor will:
- Break down complex financial strategies in order to best explain them to clients.
- Communicate clearly with clients about their short and long term goals.
- Possess some level of salesmanship in order to convince clients.
- Constantly maintain a professional demeanor, since they are usually the face of the company for their clients.
- Be proficient with data entry and organization in order to keep record of client portfolios.
Because Financial Advisors largely act as consultants, it’s imperative that they are experts within their field. As a result, most Financial Advisors will possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with many going on to get an MBA. In addition, they must also pass the FINRA Series 7 and possess at least the 63 Securities Registration.
As the face of the company, Financial Advisors are one of the main points of communication between clients and the company. As such, 1-2 years of sales experience is also preferred.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
FINANCIAL ADVISOR SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
How do you plan on making the necessary contacts every day to be successful?
If I gave you a million dollars, how would you invest it?
What are your preferred wealth management strategies?
What is the biggest financial decision you have ever had to make?
What would your client business model look like?
Do you specialize in a specific stock option?