Office Assistant Interview Questions
An office assistant maintains the day to day office operations. The assistant’s main responsibilities include receiving and distributing communications, maintaining office equipment and office supplies, delivering and picking up items, inputting data and making copies of paperwork.
Often, Office Assistants will work as customer service representatives as well. To serve customers you may need to assist the receptionist, answer any questions a client may have, confirm customer orders and keep them updated on their order status.
As an office assistant, your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Maintaining equipment by scheduling routine maintenance.
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions for other members within the office.
- Data entry.
- Providing customer service to clients.
- Running tasks for other members within the office.
- Keeping the office area tidy.
Office Assistants are integral to providing support for other office members and maintaining a productive working environment. A skilled Office Assistant will:
- Offer support to all members of the office.
- Stay on top of day to day maintenance within the office.
- Be punctual.
- Be able to follow direction efficiently and quickly.
- Maintain a friendly demeanor at all times.
Office Assistant positions are usually entry level jobs and as such usually only require a high school diploma and knowledge of computer based programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite. However, candidates with higher education and prior experience will be preferred.START INTERVIEW NOW START INTERVIEW NOW
OFFICE ASSISTANT SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
What have you done in the past to facilitate a comfortable office environment?
What experience do you have with computer based software?
What do you feel your biggest accomplishment or contribution was in your current position or prior job?
How would you solve a disagreement with another employee?
What experience do you have with customer service?
How do you create schedules for yourself to stay organized?